Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Just another day in paradise...


I think that I can see myself living here. Each day is full of new things for us to do and discover. I love it.
"But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect..."
1 Corinthians 15:10

de me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long"
Psalm 25:5

Yesterday we struggled painfully through our 3 hours of Chinese class barely making it to lunch because we were so tired. Our group along with a few of our TAs headed off to lunch then hopped onto the MRT to head to Danshui on the northern part of Taiwan. I slept on the MRT since it was about an hour and a half ride there and back. Once we got to Danshui we walked along the river where there were many shops and food stands. We made our way to Fort St. Domingo that overlooks the river. Taiwan apparently used to be occupied by some Spainards who built this fort. After, we went back down to the riverwalk and spent some time there. Then we got on a boat and went to the Fishermans Warf. This consists of many boats, a huge bridge, and many restaurants. We stayed one the pier for a while and just sat and relaxed. We got back pretty late but it was worth it.


That night, Tiffany and I stayed up until about 3am. That was a bad decision because today I am dead. Thank goodness we did not have Chinese class today because I would not have made it through!! Instead, we had Business class. Our teacher is one of the Sports Tourism Management teachers. Later on, we learned how to windsurf in a pond on campus. It was pretty fun! We are all looking forward to going to the beach here and being able to windsurf! It is not as easy as it looks, that's for sure! This afternoon I did more laundry and some homework.

Sorry for my lack of enthusiasm tonight. Tomorrow, hopefully will be better! Learning Kung Fu and going to Karaoke possibly...??

No comments:

Post a Comment