Thursday, August 5, 2010

This is NOT an Update

This is purely an observation, unfortunately, of my own self.

NOTE TO THE FUTURE STUDY ABROAD STUDENTS: There is no possible way for anyone to eat healthy while out of the country. I don't care who you are. You just can't do it. The food is wierd, you can't read nutrition labels, and your schedule (if it is like mine is) is too crazy and hectic and tiring to even have time to work out.

Unfortunately for me, the government does not care how impossible this is. Even though I am out of shape, will be experiencing crazy jetlag, lack of sleep, and an insane case of nerves, I will be taking yet another PT test on Augst 17th. But this time its not just for kicks. I am competing against the other incoming freshman for an extra $2,000 a semester. Terrible timing. Can anyone say, "Welcome back, Stephanie"?


Fun at the beach


Lunch. Can you imagine my excitement?


The view outside my window at 6am on my sleepless night

Oh well. such is life. I think that I will go ahead and update you all on my exciting life right now. Well, I think my last post was Sunday night. It has been a long week for sure. Sunday night I did not sleep due to the fact that I had a test Monday and ended up spending most of my night talking to friends on facebook. Hey, it happens when your friends are halfway across the world with completely opposite schedules! Needless to say, I was dragging in the morning but it paid off because I made a 99 on my test. Be proud, Mom and Daddy haha. After class, the others went on a bike ride. I opted for a nap which ended up being a much needed 17 hour nap. I woke up for class the next morning fresh as a daisy. Tuesday in the evening after class we went to Formosa Fun Coast which is a water park. It was pretty fun. It had several big slides and other activities to do. The next day we got on the bus at 8:30 and road to the north coast of Taiwan. We walked around this geology park right on the ocean. Anyone ever heard of the rock called "The Queens Head"? Well, we saw it. Then we went to the beach!! It was SO hot on Wednesday. When we got there, there were 2 people there. Just 2. It was awesome to have the beach all to ourselves! We had fun playing around in the water and sand for about 2 hours. We all got burnt. It was wonderful. It made me miss the pool. Daniel Cook and I are/were both lifeguards and some of our TAs and Tiffany were getting us to teach them how to float and swim. It made me miss lifeguarding and teaching swim lessons. Lifeguard class may be in my future yet again... After the beach, we went to a place called Jiofen. It has several old streets with shops in them. We spent about an hour and a half there. By then, we were completely wiped and ended up napping on the bus ride back home. We are all exhausted at this point. I think our teachers know that. Chinese class today was very easy and laid back. It was our LAST class here. Tomorrow we have to give this huge presentation. We each have to give a 10 minute speech in Chinese. Then we each have a partner and have to have a conversation with them in front of everyone. Then We are split into 2 groups and each group has to come up with something to do. perform. hahaha Basically we have all been working on this all afternoon and probably will until late into the night. The president of NTPU is going to be there. But everything will go smoothly and then we will be done. And then we will take off on our adventure around Taiwan! So excited!! Oh I also went running tonight. I'll update later on how our presentation went!

No comments:

Post a Comment