Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Back stateside

After a long time of traveling, we FINALLY made it back to Birmingham around 9:30pm on Saturday night. Our only set back was that one of RObs suitcases didn't make it to the airport but hopefully they are working on it. We arrived at our hotel in Starkville around 12:30am and I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow. But since then, I have hardley slept and been going non stop. Which is OK. Just exhausting.

Well I have everything moved into my apartment, just not put away. Hhahaha If you have ever seen my room in Huntsville, you can probably imagine the state that it is in. I have entirely too many clothes to fit into this small room. But I consider that a good problem to have. Sunday was a really long day. After my parents helped me get everything up the stairs and into my room, they headed over to Tuscaloser to see my sister, who is officially a college student. I sat around on the computer for about 30 minutes before I went to buy some new running shoes (that are awesome by the way) and I ran to Wal-Mart to get a few groceries. Then I met up with Tina (one of the exchange students from Taiwan that is going to State this year) and her mom, and 2 aunts. I helped them move in and got everything situated. Then I went and picked up about 10 freshman to bring them to our first RUF get together of the year! It was a "freshman come meet people" type of deal and there was a GREAT showing of new faces! So excited about what God has in store on this campus! After running them back to the dorms, I went with my friend Drew (from HSV) to get food and brought it back to my apartment. Then we went upstairs to hang out with a bunch of my friends who conveniently live right above me! I will be spending the majority of my time there, I am sure. After running back upstairs and borrowing an alarm clock from the guys (since i have misplaced mine...) I went to bed around 2:30am.

Monday I woke up around 8:30 because I was supposed to drive to GTR (airport about 15 mins away from campus) to pick up the other exchange student from Taiwan BUT he called and said he missed his flight so I just sat around for a while with one of my roommates and was lazy for most of the morning. Then I headed to the Veranda for Tricia's birthday. After, I went and picked up Tina who was lost on campus and then we drove to pick up Kyle at GTR and then got him all moved in. Then we took a grand tour around campus. Then I skyped with my parents for a few minutes. Then I had to run to the RUF ministry team meeting. After, I came home and ran up to the guys apartment to return the alarm clock and introduce one of my roommates to them. I finally got to bed around 10:45pm. Oh, did I mention that I had a PT test Tuesday morning?

Well, its 7:00am on Tuesday right now. I woke up at 4:30ish this morning and relaxed for a bit then made my way over to the course. I did as good as I can expect after not being able to work out for 6 weeks. Running is still my worst part. But what else is new... Now I am exhausted but can't stop. Today is the day before classes. I have to sign some papers at ROTC, sign up for International Business Boot Camp, bake a cake or 2 and make a few signs for Tina's surprise birthday party we are having for her tonight. She turns 22 today. And she has no friends or anything here so we are going to make her feel right at home and introdce her to a bunch of RUF people. We are also going to celebrate Camerons late birthday. After I run all these errnads today, hopefully I will have time to clean my room and get it functioning as a room instead of a junk hole where I can walk without stepping on everything. Tonight we will take Tina and the other exchange student to dinner and then bring them to her surprise party. Hopefully it will be a sucess!

This week will continue to stay crazy. Tomorrow is the first day of classes, Thursday is my first day of ROTC lab and RUF starts for the first time for the semester. Friday after classes, everyone on Ministry team will leave to go to Philadelphia, MS until Saturday around noon for the Ministry team retreat. Then maybe I will have time to relax and rest. I want to do everything and "go, go, go" as my mom constantly tells me and I just can't do that right now. Just pray for endurance and for me to be able to function with a good attitude through my lack of sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment